Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

January Mini Musings


Always a Cowboy:  This one made me sad because I love this author.  But, this book just failed for me.  Maybe I'm getting tired of this series, but it felt like it was the same thing I have read from her before.  The romance was so flat, fast and I didn't really buy into it.  I ended up skimming about 50% of the book to get to the end.

Forever Your Earl: Another book I skimmed to the end.  I got about 60% through and skipped to see how it ended.  I have to admit to being really bored through most of the book.  There was so much that could have been left out of this book. There was way too much repetition. I swear it took about 10 chapters just to get to the first gaming hell that Daniel took Elanor to.  I'll probably give the next one a try.  I'm holding out hope it was edited better.

At Wolf Ranch - This was just on OK read for me.  It was kind of slow.  The villain was no surprise nor was his motive for murder really.  A couple of things bothered me about the book.  If you are on the run, you don't call home and arrange for your sister's funeral. The stipulations for the inheritance were just ridiculous.  They had to have their MBA and or work for the company for 5 year by the time they were 25 in order to inherit?  What if your kid didn't want to work in the business?  That was kind of mean. Also, Ella just saw her sister murdered, yet within a day, she is lusting after Gabe.  I didn't buy it and could go on...  The ending was OK.  Not sure if I'll continue with the series.





No comments: