Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2016

October Mini Musings

One Lucky Hero: This book ended up just being OK.  The dialogue between the main characters just seemed awkward throughout the book, especially in the beginning.  The one night stand too 7 chapters to appear.  There was just way too much conversation and build up.  The siblings were brats and really ungrateful for the sacrifices their big sister made for them.  I ended up skimming the last 1/3 of the book.

Darkest Journey:  I think I may be growing a bit tired of the series.  This one just was OK for me.  It was really repetitive, The romance was lackluster. I didn't find the historical passage that interesting.  There was also a conversation between some of the characters about the problems with STDs in young and old people that seemed to have come from an after school special.  I think this one needed more editing and could have been shorter.  It was definitely my least favorite of the "trilogy".



Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau:  This was the second book in The Testing series.  I enjoyed the first book, so I was interested to see where this one was going to go.  It focused on the people who passed The Testing and have been admitted to The University.  However, like The Testing university life is not exactly the best place to be.

No comments: