Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Books We Didn't Finish - October Edition



Places No One Knows: I gave up about halfway through.  I felt like the story wasn't going anywhere.  I really disliked the "best friend".  I couldn't understand why the main character remained friends with her.  I also couldn't believe that neither Waverly nor Marshall tried to figure out why she could walk in his dreams.  I figured they would have started to seek out why at the halfway point.


Frost Line:  I didn't make it very far into the book before I knew I wouldn't like it. I just couldn't connect with the story. I think it may be the combination og the two writers that killed it for me.

A Good Month for murder:  I was hoping for a good true crime book.  But I felt like I was watching 4 episodes of The First 48 all at once.  The cases and people all blended together and I lost interest.








All the Missing Girls:  I don't know what exactly my problem was with this book.  The whole time I felt like I had read it before.  It just came out so I'm pretty sure I didn't.  I guess it was just too much like a lot of other books I've read.

Road to Reckoning:  I was really hoping to love this book because it was compared to True Grit and the Sisters Brothers.  I adored both.  However, this book really wasn't cutting it.  I may give it another try in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the Missing Girls got such a good reviews but I bailed on it too. I just could not connect with the characters at all.