Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Books We Didn't Finish - August Edition



Nine women, One Dress: This was not the book I thought I was getting.   I thought it was going to be how one dress affected nine different women.  Instead, I got a mess of unlikable stereotypical characters, too many points of view and a lot of lying and cheating.  I failed to really find any humor in the story, so I stopped at about 40%.  I was very disappointed as I was looking forward to reading this one.

The Trap: I found this to be really boring and kind of confusing.  The heroine goes in and out of reality and I had a hard time following it.  I just didn't care enough to finish.




You Know Me Well-Normally I really enjoy David Levithan books, but this one was just not doing it for me.  Neither of the main characters seemed believable.  They seemed more like gay caricatures which seemed kind of sad to me...especially considering its a YA book.

 The Disappearance at Devil's Rock:  I listened to the audiobook and I got through about 2 parts and realized I had no idea who most of the characters were.  A character would say something and I would have to sit there and think about who it was.  It was too much work for a audiobook in the car.  Also there seemed to be a lot of breaks that weren't clearly defined.  The scenes would shift suddenly.  It was confusing.

1 comment:

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I haven't read any of these but I have noticed that Tremblay has been quite popular at my library.