Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

February Mini Musings



The Harder You Fall - I have enjoyed this series immensely, but this one wasn't my favorite.  While I did like the romance between West and Jessie Kay, I felt like the angst went on a little too long.  Also, the psycho girlfriend thing was a little over the top.  Jessie Kay was a great character, though.  I love her transformation from party girl to "mature" woman.  I felt like it came across as sincere.  This was a decent addition to the series and I look forward to the next one!

Second Chance Summer - I thought this was one of the funniest romances that I have read in a long time.  I just loved the characters.  The siblings camaraderie was so amusing and spot on! I just loved the underwear bet.   Aiden and Lily were perfect together!  It's definitely worth a read.

My Kind of Wonderful - While not as funny as Second Chance Summer, I still thought this one was amusing.  The thing I loved most about this one was that Hud fell in love with Bailey even though she didn't have a full head of hair.  When they meet, she is still recovering from chemo and her had is covered with a cap most of the time.  It was just refreshing to have a guy fall for a girl not totally because of her looks, but for her spirit and personality.  I can't wait to read the next book!

Christmas in Mustang Creek: This was cute holiday story to round out the Brides of Bliss County series.  While I did like the couple, Charlotte and Jackson, the story was a little underwhelming. Jaxon was very sweet in his pursuit of Charlie, but I think the story was longer than it needed to be and at times repetitive.  The "Klozz" effect was a cute idea, but got a little corny after a while.  I guess it was supposed to have you believe in the magic of the season.  Anyway, I do recommend this series as a whole.  I really enjoyed it.

No comments: