Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Throwback Thursday: The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride by Susan Mallery


Author: Susan Mallery
First published in 2000 by Silhouette

Swept away by the passionate Prince Khalil Khan, Dora Nelson reveled in her new fairy-tale life as princess of El Bahar. But once she learned that the love and affection Khalil had showered her with were a sham, she refused to bend to his will. For he'd tricked her, and she couldn't forgive him....
But she also couldn't stop loving him. More than anything else, Dora wanted a happy home and an adoring husband. Still, when Dora's feistiness met Khalil's arrogance, sparks flew. And unless Dora and Khalil agreed to meet halfway, this fiery marriage threatened to consume them both!

The one thing I like about the Silhouette romances is that they are always a quick and entertaining read.  The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride was a pleasant surprise.  I thought it was a cute story, but it certainly could be frustrating at times.  One thing I thought was interesting was the even though it was written in the year 2000 it had an 80's romance feel to it.  
Dora and Khalil were well matched.  I liked that Dora wasn't  a doormat and stood up for herself.  They were both stubborn and that drama did drag out a  little long, but I was rooting for them the whole time. My favorite character though was Fatima, the grandmother.  I always love an eccentric matriarchal character!
I think fans of this author would enjoy this story.  It's the first in her Desert Rogues series.  Pick it up and give it a shot!

No comments: