Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephanie Meyer

by:  Stephanie Meyer
published by:  Little, Brown
publish date:  October 6, 2015

Celebrate the tenth anniversary of Twilight! This special double-feature book includes the classic novel, Twilight, and a bold and surprising reimagining, Life and Death, by Stephenie Meyer.
Packaged as an oversize, jacketed hardcover “flip book,” this edition features nearly 400 pages of new content as well as exquisite new back cover art. Readers will relish experiencing the deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful love story of Bella and Edward through fresh eyes.
Twilight is 10 years old?  Way to make me feel like a grandma or something.  So I saw this Twilight Reimagined book and wondered what it was all about.  I thought it was going to be that Bella was the vampire and Edward was the human.  Uh no, that wasn't the case at all.

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined is the story of Beau and Edyth.  Almost all the genders are flip flopped in this book.  So Bella is Beau and Edward is Edith.  Most of the story was exactly the same.  Obviously, some things had to be changed.  Beau didn't go prom dress shopping, he went corsage shopping.  It was a little weird having the Bella character as a boy.  The drama downplayed a bit, the awkwardness was still there and that was a little weird.  The running scenes were kinda bizarre because having a girl running through the woods with a guy on her back is hard to imagine.  I haven't read Twilight in probably 8 years or so, I don't remember how much "insta-love" there was, but it was pretty bad in this book.

Will Twilight fans love this book?  I don't know.  I'm curious to find out.  Would I recommend it?  Probably not.  However, it did make me want to read Twilight again just to see how it compared.


1 comment:

Jo said...

Wow 10 years!! I remember my daughter buying it and I was like-OOh can I read it when you're done? Of course she said yes!! Awesome book!!