Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts



Author: Nora Roberts
First published in 1999 by Jove

Determining to reevaluate her life, Jude Murray flees America to take refugee in Faerie Hill Cottage, immersing herself in the study of Irish Folk and discovers hope for the future of the magical past.

Finally back home in Ireland after years of traveling, Aidan Gallagher possesses an uncommon understanding of his country's haunting myths. Although he's devoted to managing the family pub, a hint of wildness still glints in his stormy eyes--and in Jude, he sees a woman who can both soothe his heart and stir his blood. And he begins to share the legends of the land with her--while they create a passionate history of their own...


Jewels of the Sun is the first in the Gallaghers of Ardmore series. Back when I was reading and not enjoying The Dark Witch from the Cousins O'Dwyer series, I had read a few reviews that compared that series to this one.  I can definitely see where the two series are very similar, especially in this first book.  An American woman comes to Ireland for a new life and falls for one of the local Irishmen.  

In a way, I liked this book better that The Dark Witch.  It was more of a romance and less paranormal. There are a couple of ghosts, but no witches and evil warlocks.  I bought into the romance between Aidan and Jude a lot more.  That was after I got over Jude personality.  She was so wishy-washy.  I was happy to see that she was able to find more of a spine towards the end.  This is a great start to what I hope will be a great series.  I look forward to the next one, Tears of the Moon.



No comments: