Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wrong Number, Right Guy by Elle Casey

Author: Elle Casey
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Date of publication: September 2015

When a mysterious text message summons May Wexler to a biker bar in downtown New Orleans, she knows something is very wrong. Her sister has sent out an SOS, but when May gets there, she’s nowhere to be found and May is the one in trouble—she’s wearing pink espadrilles, she’s got a Chihuahua in her purse, and she’s in the middle of a shootout.

After tall, muscular Ozzie comes to her rescue, May has no choice but to follow him to safety. At the headquarters of his private security firm, the Bourbon Street Boys, she finds a refuge for the night—and the offer of a job. But it’s not long before a gun-toting stalker isn’t the only complication in May’s life: the more time she spends with Ozzie, the less she can deny that they’ve got some serious chemistry. A wrong number got her into this mess…Will it also get her the right guy?

Wrong Number, Right Guy involves May, who ends up going to a dive bar looking for her sister after getting a strange text that she thought came from said sister.  She stumbles into an undercover sting run by a private security firm and ends up being rescued by Ozzie.  He takes her back to his company warehouse and ends up hiring her for her photography background.  There is just the issue of the bad guy who is looking for her to take his revenge.

I'm kind of torn when it comes to this book.  On one hand, I thought it was really funny and laughed a lot. I knew when I started reading the book that it was going to be funny.  Just the opening scene with the texts and auto-correct had me laughing.  The story had the same humor as the early Stephanie Plum books that I have always loved. I also loved May and her defense against Dev's sneak attacks.  The two dogs were too cute and made me laugh as well.

But on the other hand, I was kind of bored with the romance part.  It was just kind of so-so, as well as really fast.  Six days to "I love you" is too fast for me.  They barely knew each other. For me, Ozzie was kind of hard to read.  I wasn't really sure he was THAT into May.  The ending was also kind of abrupt for me as well.  It looks like there may be more in this series so hopefully, we will see more of May and Ozzie together.




No comments: