Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Rock Canyon Romance series by Codi Grant

I reviewed the first book in this series, Things Good Girls Don't Do back in November 2014   I recently finished the next three so I thought I'd combine them into one post:

In Good Girls Don't Date Rock Stars (Avon Impulse, April 2014), Gemma waked up in Vegas to find herself married to an old flame.  It seems they sealed the deal in a drunken haze.  She quietly sneaks away and intends on sending him divorce papers.  Superstar Travis lost her once and has no intention of losing her again.  He sets out to woo her and make her his forever.  What he doesn't know is Gemma has a big surprise for him.

I would have to say out of all of the books, this one was my least favorite.  I have never really been a fan of hidden pregnancies.  I always feel really bad for the father because of all of the time he loses out on with his child.  I think it is incredibly selfish of the mother to keep it a secret.  I have a hard time respecting anyone who would do that, especially if the father is a good guy.  Gemma did end up redeeming herself in the end.  But, it was a little too late for me to like these two together.So, this one was just OK for me.

The third book Bad Girls Don't Marry Marines (Avon Impulse, June 2014) was a lot of fun to read.  Valerie went through a bad divorce that caused a scandal and it still haunts her around town.  Justin has never been able to forget Valerie and the steady kiss they shared a long time ago. He sets out to win her heart.

I really  loved Valerie and Justin together. I thought they were good for each other.  I felt kind of bad for Valerie because she has a bad reputation around town that she can't seem to shake.  It doesn't help that her father is a prominent business man in town.  I was happy when she kept standing up to him.  Their HEA was really sweet and the ending perfect!

The fourth book, Return of the Bad Girl (Avon Impulse, December 2014) was the more serious one of the bunch.  In this one, Caroline has moved back home to start over. Gabe has moved to town to try to start over as well and to make amends with some old friends.   When they both find themselves renting the same apartment, it's hard to keep the sparks from flying.

I said this one is more serious because it deals with some more serious issues. Both of them harbor secret tragedies.  Gabe served time in prison for DUI and for causing his sister's severe brain damage in the process. He has never let go of his guilt over what he has done and feels unworthy.  Caroline has a great hatred for her father because he allowed her to be violated years before.  Gabe and Caroline were perfect for each other.  They each helped the other see that they were worth a deep love and forgiveness.  I would have to say this one is my most favorite out of the four books.

No comments: