Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix

Author: Grady Hendrix
Publisher: Quirk Books
Date of publication: September 2014

Something strange is happening at the Orsk furniture superstore in Cleveland, Ohio. Every morning, employees arrive to find broken Kjerring bookshelves, shattered Glans water goblets, and smashed Liripip wardrobes. Sales are down, security cameras reveal nothing, and store managers are panicking.

To unravel the mystery, three employees volunteer to work a nine-hour dusk-till-dawn shift. In the dead of the night, they’ll patrol the empty showroom floor, investigate strange sights and sounds, and encounter horrors that defy the imagination.

This was a random download from my library.  Sometimes I have great luck and other times I don't.  In this case I didn't .  To be honest I'm not even sure why I finished listening to the book.  It wasn't a long book, so maybe I was hoping it would get better.  It never did.

The premise is a store much like  IKEA called ORSK where weird things begin to happen.  The executives decide to have 3 employees stay overnight to see if they can catch the culprit.  It quickly turns into a nightmare as they realize the store was built on top of a prison.  Sounds like it would make for a great ghost story, right?  Wrong.  It was really kind of boring.  It reminded me of a really bad indie movie with no name bad actors.  You know the type I mean. 

None of the characters were likable and I really wasn't rooting for any of them to survive. The other thing about the book that got old was the descriptions of furniture that began each chapter.  The names of the furniture were weird and very distracting.  There really isn't much I can say other then this book was so bad.  I can't recommend it.  It's 6 hours I won't get back!


No comments: