Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Gone Missing by Linda Castillo

by:  Linda Castillo
published by:  Minotaur Books
publish date:  June 2012  

Rumspringa is the time when Amish teens are allowed to experience life without the rules. It’s an exciting time of personal discovery and growth before committing to the church. But when a young teen disappears without a trace, the carefree fun comes to an abrupt and sinister end, and fear spreads through the community like a contagion.

I read the first 3 books in this series back to back but I got a little burnt out on them, so I had to take a little break.  However, I found myself missing Kate Burkholder and John Thomasetti.  I felt like the series took a little nosedive in book 3.  The book didn't feel well edited and the story just didn't feel right.  Gone Missing put the series back on track.  

Instead of John Thomasetti consulting on the case, Kate Burkeholder was called in to consult on one of his cases for a little different twist.  The pair were able to link one missing Amish teen to a series of missing Amish teens spanning over several years.  The case takes a lot of crazy twist and turns as expected.  The ending to this book was a really good one.  Also, Kate and John finally seem to decide to officially commit to each other.  

I have to wait for the next book from the library so it'll be a little while before I get to it.  I've been really enjoying this series.  Linda Castillo has done a great job with the characters and bringing Painters Mill to life.  I definitely recommend this series to all the mystery readers out there.

No comments: