Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

by:  Maggie Stiefvater
published by:  Scholastic Press
publish date:  October 21, 2014

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.


This is the third book in the Raven Cycle book.  I don't really get what's going on in these books.  Overall, I understand.  The Raven Boys and Blue Sargent are looking for the lost king buried somewhere near where they live.  However, he's hidden by some kind of magic.   All the other intricacies, I've gotten completely lost in the various threads going every which way.

I've stuck with these books for one reason.  Will Patton is the narrator for the audiobooks.  He does an excellent job reading them.  There's another book in this series coming out next year.  This totally surprised me because I thought at the ending of this book, things were resolved.  Maybe I misunderstood what was happening.  I suppose as long as Will Patton is reading it I will listen to the audiobook.  I'm sure I will because maybe if I keep going with it, it'll eventually make sense.

No comments: