Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Dockside by Susan Wiggs


Author: Susan Wiggs
First publisher in 2007 by Mira

With her daughter grown and flown, Nina Romano is ready to embark on a new adventure. She's waited a long time for dating, travel and chasing dreams. But just as she's beginning to enjoy being on her own, she finds herself falling for Greg Bellamy, owner of the charming Inn at Willow Lake and a single father with two kids of his own.

Greg lost his first marriage to a demanding career. Now he's determined to make a new start before it's too late. Juggling work, raising his young son and helping his nearly grown daughter face life's ultimate challenge, he has no time to fall in love. Still, with Nina Romano, love feels just right this time around.


Dockside is the third book in the Lakeshore Chronicles.  I have been enjoying this series and was looking forward to reading Greg and Nina's story.  I did enjoy it, but it wasn't my favorite of the series so far.  The story waffles between "then" and "now" and goes over the different times that Nina and Greg's lives have crossed.  I'm not sure that worked so much for this book.  I felt like there wasn't enough of Nina and Greg now to see them fall in love.   
What I did like was Daisy's storyline and how her relationship with Greg progressed.  I thought their father daughter bond was strengthened.  I really felt for Greg in his struggle to let go of Daisy and let her live her own life.    The next book is the series is Snowfall at Willow Lake.  It's Sophie's story. 

One neat thing to note is the cameo appearance of Sarah Moon in the book.  She is the main character in Ms. Wiggs;s book Just Breathe.  I love when authors do that!




No comments: