Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday: The Welcoming by Nora Roberts



Author: Nora Roberts
First published in 1989 by Silhouette

He came to the seaside inn with only the clothes on his back and a loaded .38 revolver. His orders: expose a criminal organization based at the quaint vacation hideaway. It was just another assignment for Roman DeWinter. Routing, simple, uncomplicated. He didn't expect to fall for his key suspect, innkeeper Charity Ford.

Charity knew Roman was different. His gaze smoldered with angry passion, arousing a dangerous fascination. His mere presence made her most forbidden desires come alive. Still, Charity knew so little about him, and it put her on edge. Was this stranger a threat to her happiness. . . or the man she'd been waiting a lifetime to welcome?


Roman is an undercover FBI agent who is doing one last assignment and then he is getting out.  He is fed up and wants something more for his life.  He doesn't count on falling hard and  fast for the number one suspect, Charity Ford.  I thought the mystery part of the book was pretty good.  The action in the end was filled with tension.  What I wasn't so sold on was the romance.  

The problem?  I didn't care much for Charity.  She was a little too goody-goody and naive.  I thought her declaration of love after 2 kisses and a dance was a bit much.  Their whole relationship just felt so rushed.  While their HEA moment was cute, I think I would have been more convinced had the book been a bit longer.  I think any fan of Ms. Roberts will want to read this one.  Just don't expect too much.

1 comment:

penney said...

I love these older ones I wish they still made these.
Penney