Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Faking It by Cora Cormack

Author: Cora Cormack
Publisher: William Morrow
Date of publication: June 2013

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Back in February, I reviewed Losing It, the first in this series.  I was so happy to see Cade get his own story.  I remember feeling so badly for him as he was so in love with Bliss. I really enjoyed Faking It as much as I liked the first one.  The characters are young, but very realistically portrayed.  They are both in search of finding out what kind of adult they want to become. 

In Faking It, Cade finally finds a way to get past his feelings for Bliss.   Max needs a "normal" boyfriend quick to get her parents off her back.  Cade seems to fit the bill perfectly. Max and Cade were perfect for each other. Both they are searching for some type of happiness in their life. I loved Max.  She  has a lot of baggage from growing up, but she is really fighting to be who she wants to be.  Her music is important to her.  I felt really badly at how her family treated her.  I was so happy with how she deals with them in the end.  I thought that, while very different from Max, Cade was so good for her. He called her on her BS and she gave him a reason to finally fight for someone to stay in his life.  This was a great sequel to the series.  I look forward to Finding It next!


No comments: