Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Review: Feedback by Robison Wells

Author: Robison Wells
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date of Publiation: October 2012

Benson Fisher escaped from Maxfield Academy’s deadly rules and brutal gangs.

Or so he thought.

But now Benson is trapped in a different kind of prison.


They are all pawns in the school’s twisted experiment, held captive and controlled by an unseen force. As he searches for answers, Benson discovers that Maxfield Academy’s plans are more sinister than anything he imagined—and they may be impossible to stop.


Let me start by saying, don't read this one if you haven't read the first book, Variant.  Feedback picks up right where Variant left off.  It often refers to things from the first book and it assumes you have the background already.  I enjoyed Variant, so I was looking forward to reading the second book.

This time around,  Benson finds himself outside of Maxfield Academy. He soon finds out that freedom hasn't really been attained and he is a hunted teen.  I liked the town outside of the school.  It was interesting meeting the human versions of the robot counterparts that Benson met in the first book.  The way they would zone out when they were linked with their duplicate was kind of creepy.  

I felt like this book was a little faster paced.  The story moves along pretty quickly.  Some of the questions I had from the first book were answered. However, the ending left me with a bunch more.  The ending was just strange and kind of unsatisfying.  I'm hoping the next book resolves it a bit more.  This is a good YA series and one I definitely think is worth reading.

No comments: