Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Footprints in the Sand by Mary Jane Clark

Author: Mary Jane Clark
Publisher: William Morrow
Date of Publication: January 2013

It's the dead of winter and struggling actress and wedding cake decorator Piper Donovan is thrilled to be in warm and romantic Sarasota, Florida, enjoying the powdery white beaches, soothing seas, and golden sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico. She and her family are there to celebrate her beloved cousin's wedding. Not only is Piper creating the sugar sand dollar-festooned wedding cake, she's also the maid of honor.

But a cloud seems to hover over the whole affair. Shortly after a bridesmaid mysteriously disappears, a kindly neighbor's car is run off the road and a prospective witness, an innocent Amish teenager, is threatened to keep silent. Then a body is found on the wedding beach. 


In my review of  The Look of Love, the second book in this series, I ended by saying I hoped the third book would be the charm.  I am happy to say that it definitely was this time around.    Footprints in the Sand was a much more enjoyable story.  The mystery was much tighter with less suspects.  That was my main complaint about the first two books.  

I liked Piper more in this book.  She seemed more sure of herself and she actually solves the crime.  OK it's almost too late for the revelation, but still.  Kudos for her.  I liked the characters overall.  It was easier to connect with them.  It's a very quick  and enjoyable read.  It gives me hope that the next books will be better.  I just hope Jack makes his move in the next book!

No comments: