Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Review: The Uninvited by Heather Graham

Author: Heather Graham
Publisher: Mira (Harlequin)
Date of Publication: August 2012

After the day's final tour, docent Allison Leigh makes her rounds while locking up... and finds a colleague slumped over Bedford's desk, impaled on his own replica bayonet.

Resident ghosts may be the stock-in-trade of stately Philadelphia homes, but Allison - a noted historian - is indignant at the prospect of "ghost hunters" investigating this apparent murder.

Agent Tyler Montague knows his hauntings and his history. But while Allison is skeptical of the newcomer, a second mysterious murder occurs. 

Has "Butcher" Bedford resurfaced? Or is there another malevolent force at work in Landon Mansion? Wary, yet deeply attracted, Allison has to trust in Tyler and work with him to discover just what...


The Uninvited is the final installment in the Krewe of Hunters series, or at least for this team.  Overall, I enjoyed the entire series.  The mysteries have been very good. As for this latest one, I was happy with the mystery.  There were many suspects to chose from and I had a hard time figuring out the killer.  In the end the killer made sense.  I find that with a big suspect list, this isn't often the case.  I also enjoyed the history that was woven throughout the book.  It was interesting and I never felt like it was just an information dump.

What I didn't care for was the romance.  I'm not sure if it made sense to me and it felt forced.  As in The Unholy (my review)  I thought the book would have been fine without the romance.   I felt like we were told they should be together instead of feeling the relationship.   The recap of the relationships that the Krewe members have was a nice touch. It is always nice to see how the couples are doing.

If you haven't given this series a try, I encourage you to do so now. I am a fan of Ms. Grahams and I am looking forward to see what she comes out with next!


No comments: