Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Throwback Thursday: 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber

 Author: Debbie Macomber
First Published in 2001 by Mira (Harlequin)
Audiobook by Brilliance Audio

Dear Reader,

You don't know me yet, but in a few hours that's going to change. I'm inviting you to my town of Cedar Cove because I want you to meet my family, friends and neighbors. Come hear their stories--maybe even their secrets!

Cedar Cove--people love it and sometimes they leave it, but they never forget it!

Olivia Lockhart


I've never been a fan of soap opera's, except for a brief time in my youth when Luke and Laura were getting married on General Hospital.  16 Lighthouse Road reminded me of a soap opera, but in a good way.  The characters are engaging and realistic.  Cedar Cove is a small town attached to a Naval base.  Everyone knows everything about everyone else.  

This was a hard book to review because there are multiple story lines going on in the book.  I think the thing that appealed to me the most about the book is that none of the relationships are perfect.  Everyone seems to be having a tough time, whether it is with their spouse or their children.  While there are HEAs and resolutions for some of the characters, others are left hanging and unresolved.  From further research about the series, it looks like some of the story lines span multiple books in the Cedar Cove series.  I definitely will be looking for the next book in the series, 204 Rosewood Lane.

I listened to the audiobook and really enjoyed listening to Sandra Burr narrate. She has quickly become one of my favorite narrators. 
 

No comments: