Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Twist of Fate by Jayne Ann Kretnz

 Author: Jayne Anne Krentz
First published in 1991 by Severn House Publishers
Audiobook by Brilliance Audio, 2011

Cloistered as a faculty member at a small college, beautiful Hannah Jessett can almost forget her family heritage. Few know she's the niece of Elizabeth Nord, the legendary anthropologist who stunned the world with her revolutionary work--until her aunt dies, leaving Hannah in sole possession of her priceless unpublished journals.

I had a really hard time deciding whether or not to like this book. I did manage to listen to the entire audiobook, but I will admit that I was kind of bored. I didn't really see the passion between Hannah and Gideon. Even the HEA didn't really make me overly excited. I also thought thet the book was a bit out of date, even for 1991. The way Hannah feels that she can't have it all was puzzling to me. Even in 1991, women were doing it all the time.

The mystery wasn't really one. I picked out who was stalking Hannah right away. I thought it was amusing that neither her nor Gideon picked up on what the reading audience would have from the start. It was so obvious. So, while I have liked most of Ms. Krentz's early books, this one was kind of... meh.  If you issed it, you probably aren't missing much.

No comments: