Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Review: On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

by:  Tracey Garvis-Graves
published by:  Penguin Books
publish date:  June 5, 2012

When thirty-year-old English teacher Anna Emerson is offered a job tutoring T.J. Callahan at his family's summer rental in the Maldives, she accepts without hesitation; a working vacation on a tropical island trumps the library any day.

That tutoring job sounds pretty sweet right?  What about if the plane crashes over the Pacific Ocean?  Anna and TJ charter a flight for the last leg of the trip, but the cheeseburger loving pilot has a heart attack over open water.  Anna and TJ survive the crash only to find themselves stranded on a deserted island.

Typically any kind of summer romance books generally aren't my thing.  I also try to steer clear of older woman/younger man kind of book because for some reason that just doesn't sit well with me.  However, I do like stranded on a deserted island stories.  So I gave this one a go because I was curious to see how well it would play out having a teacher and student stuck on an island together.

I was really surprised by how much I liked this book.  It was the first OW/YM romance that didn't gross me out.  Everything made sense how it worked out.  The timing was, if anything, overly slow for how the relationship progressed.  I liked both of the characters and I wanted them to be together.

Definitely an awesome beach read, if you aren't flying there!  Tuck this one in your beach bag or add it to your kindle before you head out.

No comments: