Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris


by:  Carrie Harris
published by:  Delacourte Press
publish date:  July 11, 2011

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies.

This was one of those books that has been on my TBR list FOREVER!!  Well, for over a year anyway.  I finally found it at the library.  Woo!!  I read it in like a day.  Then I was sad, after all of that waiting for a book and it was over in a day.  Bummer.

It wasn't the serious zombie book that I was expecting.  Look at that cover, that awesome cover, it doesn't look comedic to me.  That was how the book kinda turned out though.  But that was ok, it was still good.  Kate was the bumbling nerd genius that figures out that all the jocks are being turned into mindless flesh eating zombies. 

I'm always hearing about all these books that would make great movies.  They're always big serious movies, but I think this would make a fun movie.  Who doesn't love a high school zombie movie??

Bad Taste in Boys is one of those great summer reads.  It's quick, easy, and a lot of fun...perfect book to read by the pool.  I also noticed that book number 2 in this series comes out soon.  Bad Hair Day comes out in November.

2 comments:

Sana said...

Bad Taste in Boys is also in my TBR pile for a long time now! I know I will like that book but I just got to find time to read it! Plus, I am a sucker for nerd geniuses.

P.S. I saw Bad Hair Day on NetGalley, you can always request and get to read it that way. ;)

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Autumn said...

Thanks for the tip Sana!