Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Feed Me (Short Story Collection)


Author: Nigel Barto
Publisher: CreateSpace

FEED ME is a collection of short stories that rouses your heart, wakes your adoring mind, and ignites passion. These stories were inspired by the author’s journey. Paris, love, and taking chances. Everything has its reason.


Feed me is an interesting collection of stories. Although, I wouldn't really call them stories. To me they were more like reflections on different situations involving love and relationships. For example, the first story, "Thankful", reflects on love and acceptance within a family. I think the story I liked the best was the one called "Returning Home", in which the author describes his adventure in trying to return home from abroad. I think most of us have a time where there was trouble when we tried to return home from a journey. I could sympathize with his feeling of wanting to get home; the more you want it, the more your heart aches for it.

While I didn't enjoy all of the stories in the book, ( I found a couple a bit depressing), I would recommend giving it a shot. I think there is something here for everyone.


--Kari


* note: I read an ARC of Feed Me supplied courtesy of the author. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

No comments: