Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Tempting the Beast


Author: Lora Leigh
First Published on November 24th 2003 by Ellora's Cave

Callan Lyons is a genetic experiment. One of six fighting for freedom and the survival of their Pride. Merinus Tyler is the reporter who will tempt him, draw him, until the fury of the "mating frenzy" locks them into a battle of sexual heat there is no escape from.

Deception, blood, and the evil Genetics Council are hot on their trail. Callan will use his strength to try and save them both...and do all in his power to keep his woman in the process.


I am a big fan of Lora Leigh's Nauti and Seals series, but I had yet to try her Breeds series. Tempting the Beast is the first. While I enjoyed the book, I was hoping for a bit more. I liked Callan and Merinus. I thought they had great chemistry together and I was happy for their HEA. The love scenes were definitely steamy. The story of genetically altered humans is a great premise. This first story was a good foundation, but it left me with a lot of questions about the pride and lab days. I am hoping that those are answered in the sequels.

I recommend this book to Lora Leigh fans. If you haven't tried it, pick it up. I know I'm going to be seeking out the other books in the series.

--Kari

4 comments:

Evie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evie said...

I've never heard about this author before, so thanks for bringing her books to my attention. I'm very tempted to give it a try :)

Bookluvr Mindy said...

I'll have to tell my friend about this book. I think she would love it! I found you through BookBlogs and I am now a follower! Will you follow me back at www.MagicalUrbanFantasyReads.com

Unknown said...

What a great cover on this novel. If that doesn't catch the reader's eye, nothing will.
Mike
PS Stop over at my blog, I'm having a giveaway of "The Lincoln Lawyer."