Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2 for 1! Oz and Hunger Aroused



Authors: Eden Elgabr and Heather Peters
Publisher: Red Sage publishing


Dorothea Gale is a victim of a bad economy. After losing her job, Thea asks Tim Woodman, the man of her dreams and the contractor who built her home, to help her sell it. He leads her to the powerful William Ozarak, a voyeur, who offers her a deal – sexual submission for one month in exchange for two years worth of mortgage payments. Can she barter her body to prove ‘there’s no place like home’? Or will she lose her soul in the process?

Tim Woodman, who is in the middle of a divorce, isn’t looking for entanglements. Yet he can’t help be drawn to the sexy Thea. If he helps her will he lose his heart? Or did he even have one to begin with?


I'm not even sure what to say about this story. The synopsis made it seem like it would have a good story line. I liked the whole Wizard of Oz theme idea. I really didn't see it. To say that Oz even really has a plot is being generous. I do like erotica, but I also like to have a story to go along with it. The characters were one dimensional and I found myself not really caring about any of them. The love scenes were a bit crude and overdone for my taste. I wouldn't really recommend this one. If you want a better erotica story WITH a plot see below.



Author: Dee Carney
Publisher: Carina Press
Jasmine is sick in bed when a sexy stranger breaks in and reveals she’s suffering an irreversible case of vampirism. And because her turning wasn’t approved by the Council, he must kill her once the transition is complete. In the meantime, the executioner offers to ease her torment with chocolate, hot peppers or sexual release. Fortunately for them both, Jasmine’s kitchen is bare...

Corin’s honor demands he do his duty, but he cannot execute the lovely woman while any part of her humanity remains. He must also find - and kill - her sire. Jasmine denies ever having contact with a vampire, causing Corin to question the justice of his orders. Sensing his hesitation, the Council dispatches another executioner, forcing the pair to make a run for it.

Every hour they spend together every sensual encounter they share finds them growing closer. Now Corin will have to choose: kill the woman he loves, or go against everything he believes to set her free.


Hunger Aroused was a pretty decent story. I liked the vampire premise. I liked the two main characters, Jasmine and Corin. They both had some dimension to them and I was pulling for them in the end. There are some pretty emotional scenes toward the end and I found myself drawn right into the drama. For erotica, this one was pretty good. The loves scenes were pretty steamy, but not overdone or crude. I do wish she had written more about the vampire world that she created as I felt like there were some loose ends. I think this would make a good series.

--Kari

* note: I read an complimentary copies of Oz and Hunger Aroused supplied courtesy of Red Sage Publishing and Carina Press. I was not approached or compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

No comments: