Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seducing the Governess


Author: Margo Maguire
Publisher: Avon

A Proper Governess Should Never. . .

Assist a handsome stranger, alone on an unfamiliar road . . . unless the rake happens to be her new employer.

Take a position in a crumbling manor . . . especially if the household staff has been replaced by unruly former soldiers.

Allow her young charge entrÉe to her heart . . . for once done, it will be impossible to maintain proper distance.


Permit her charge's uncle a breathtaking kiss under a star-lit sky . . . henceforth she will most certainly lose composure whenever he is near.

And above all, she should never, ever fall completely, irreversibly in love with her employer . . . for nothing good can possibly come of it.


Seducing the Governess is the first in a new series by Margo Maguire. I enjoyed the book. It was a pretty quick read. Mercy and Nash are both likable people and I enjoyed the exchanges between them as they really enhanced the attraction between the two. The hero in this book is physically flawed in the face, having been burned in the war. That was a nice change of pace. I felt like Mercy really loved him for who he was and not just what he looked like. In Mercy, Nash finds what he has been searching for, a second chance. There is a little bit of a mystery, yet the solution wasn’t too hard to figure out. I look forward to the next book.

--Kari

* note: I read an advanced review copy of Seducing the Governess supplied courtesy of the Avon Books. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

No comments: