Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

No Cure for the Broken Hearted


Author: Kenneth Rosenberg
Self Published

Katherine Spencer is an up-and-coming architect in New York City. Her professional life is on the fast-track. Her personal life is a shambles. Katherine compares every man she ever meets to Nick Bancroft, the billionaire’s son who broke her heart one summer long ago. Now, twelve years later he’s suddenly reappeared, asking her to design a house at the cove where they shared their first kiss. Is he looking for an architect, or something more? And should she forgive him?

No Cure for the Broken Hearted is the debut novel by Mr. Rosenberg. I enjoyed the book. Katherine is a strong woman whose one weakness is her first love that she has never gotten over. The heart break she ezperienced has largely shaped how she hadnled her adult relattionships with men. The book is written largely from her perspective, so I felt I got to know her very well. I enjoyed the flashback scenes that explored how Katherine and Nick first met. The author did a nice job of capturing the feelings that first love brings about. The one thing that I wish the book had more of was Nick's point of view. I think it would have rounded out the story nicely and I would probably have believed the mature relationship between the 2 characters more. Aside from that, it was an enjoyable read. This author has a bright future and I look forward to his future works.

--Kari

* note: I read an e-reader review copy of No Cure for the Broken Hearted supplied courtesy of the author. I was not compensated in anyway for this review. By receiving a complimentary copy, I am in no way obligated to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

No comments: