Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Paradise Flawed

published by:  Dream Books, LLC

All Mike Hanson wants is a relaxing family vacation in the mountains of New Mexico; time away from his stressful Midland, Texas career and a chance to refocus on family. But the explosion of a gasoline tanker truck and subsequent forest fire not only change vacation plans but his entire life, sending Mike and other survivors on a dash for their lives. It’s no accident. He is targeted to be eliminated.

I received this book as a part of Octour with Dream Books.  Check out their website, they're supposed to be doing a Maze with some prizes, but I'm not totally sure how that's going to work.

I thought this was a solidly written book.  Good pacing, the drama was well developed.  The storyline was exciting and interesting with great little twists and turns.

As far as the characters go, I liked Mike, the main character.  I also like Katy the owner of the vacation lodge.  However, I had an immediate and intense dislike for Jojo, Mike's daughter.  I don't know what it was, maybe because she called her dad "Pop", but who knows? 

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  It was a lot better than I had originally expected it to be.

No comments: