Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

published by:  Henry Holt and Co.

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions—questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

I kept hearing about this book here and there and people saying it was the best book they had read all year.   So I picked it up from the library.  My overall feeling on it was just "Meh". 

The plot was predictable.  It's a short book and I kinda had to force myself to finish because I could figure out what was going on.  It wasn't bad though, so if you see it at the library it's worth a read.  It'll make you think about medical ethics at the very least. 

I did like the cover and I really liked how well it pertained to the story after I read it.  I thought it was really clever.  Sometimes you see a cover and think it's interesting, but what the heck does it have anything to do with the story?  This one does make sense.

2 comments:

lisa :) said...

Hmmm - the cover on this one is really striking and now I'm curious about how it relates to the story. Sounds interesting - nice review!

Kathryn said...

I thought this book was brilliant, and even though I kinda knew what was going on, I didn't entirely. So, that kept me going I guess. And I also thought the cover was clever.