Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Banned Book Reading Challenge

The purpose of this post is to make it known that I intend to participate in the Banned Book Reading Challenge.  The challenge is to read at least 7 banned books over the next 7 weeks in celebration of the ALA's Banned Book Week.  For further information and to sign up yourself, click on the "Ban This" button on the sidebar.

So far I know I'm going to:

1.  Listen to Fahrenheit 451 on audiobook (halfway done with that) **just want to say this is amazing even though I know I read it in high school I apparently didn't retain any of it, reading it in today's environment is so bizarre.  I highly recommend it**
2.  Read The Giver by Lois Lowry (picked it up at the library)
3.  Read Go Ask Alice (bought it at Borders today)
4.  Read Jay's Journal (Companinon to Go Ask Alice, also bought at Borders today)

No comments: