Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lover Mine

By:  JR Ward

This is the 8th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.  It picks up with Xhex being held captive by the evil lesser Lash.  John Michael is all a mess because he doesn't think she's coming back.  Qhuinn and Blay are still dancing around their feelings for each other and Qhuinn's cousin, Saxton, gets thrown in the mix to shake things up.   Xhex, of course, escapes and reunites with John Michael and the pair spend ample time seeking revenge on Lash...and well...reuniting.

That, of course, is the super short majorly condensed version.  Overall, I liked this book.  It was probably my favorite so far.  Xhex has always been one of my favorite characters so I was glad to see a book dedicated to her and her relationship with John Michael.  I thought the ending was rather un-Xhex-like, but I guess after everything she had been through she had the right to change a little bit. 

I'm getting really frustrated with the Blay/Qhuinn thing.  I understand the reasoning for stringing it along...you can write more books that way and the emotions involved are complicated blah blah blah.  Come on already!   Let's get these two together so they won't have to be so damn miserable all the time.

I didn't really like the reality tv show subplot, I found myself skimming/skipping over most of it, but it was no skin off my nose to do that, so if Madame Ward want it in there....so be it!

Anybody read the Fallen Angels series?  Is it as good as the BDB?

No comments: