Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Luxe Series

by Anna Godbersen

Turn of the Century catty girls and fabulous dresses is the 2 second version of the 4 book series. I finally finished up the 4th book recently. The order, by the way, is The Luxe, Rumors, Envy, and Splendor. The whole time I was reading them it seemed to me that it would make a great show on The CW...probably not one I'd watch, but that type of teen melodrama doesn't exactly appeal to me. The books are classified as Young Adult which is right on target. Even though they're fairly long they're very easy to read and not complicated. Parents of teens need not worry there's no cussing and any sex is glossed over. My favorite thing about these books were the etiquette tips from the 1900s scattered throughout...my my how far we've come.  Overall I thought they were a fun, light read...perfect read for the beach.

1 comment:

brave chickens said...

Sometimes I think the story became far too descriptive, but I totally enjoyed the whole series! :)